Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Autumn Harvest Trail Mix

Even though it doesn't feel like it outside here in AZ...it's autumn time!  We are making our way into baking season and I am so excited!   To kick it off, I've got a simple yet delicious one for ya.

My mother-in-law made this for us a few years ago and it has become a must have for me ever since. As soon as they put those candy corn on the shelves... I'm there!  I actually like it even better without the m&m's just cause they aren't my favorite... but either way it's still pretty good.  I have always like the sweet and salty combo.  You know, like back in high school when we would by fries and a shake for lunch every day, and use our fries as the spoon?  Yeah, weird I know... but don't knock it until you've tried it!

This time I used the autumn candy corn mix. It has the pumpkins and chocolate ones in it too. But usually I just use regular candy corns. Totally up to you.


Autumn Trail Mix
1 ½ cups salted roasted peanuts
1 cup candy corn
½ cup m&m’s
Pour all items into a bowl and scarf!

No comments: