Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Egg Rolls

The other night my hubby and I decided we wanted to have a little party.  I have been craving his Lettuce Wraps lately and he had promised to make some for a few people.  So we made a party out of it. I decided to take a whack at egg rolls. I have to admit, I'm pretty impressed with how they turned out! 

Next time I would change a couple of things to make them even better....noted below.  Stay tuned tomorrow for the sweet and sour sauce that Trever made to go with these!

Egg Rolls

1 Pkg Cole slaw mix
1 chicken breast cooked and shredded
½ cup chopped green onion
1/3 cup soy sauce (next time I will try ¼ cup)
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chopped or ground ginger
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
2 tbsp butter (next time I'd leave this out)
½ c. diced celery
1 Tbsp Hoisen Sauce (not necessary if you don't have it, but is super yummy with it)
2 Tbsp sugar (next time I would do all brown sugar)
1 Tbsp brown sugar

14-16 egg roll wrappers

Melt butter in a large skillet, toss in all other ingredients (except for the egg roll wrappers) and sauté until crisp tender. Place egg roll wrappers with one corner towards you. Scoop desired amount of filling into a wrapper, roll and fry in a skillet or deep fryer until golden brown.

(Drain the liquids from the mixture as you scoop it onto the wrapper. You don't want it too moist.)



No comments: