Thursday, June 27, 2013

Mushroom Bisque

While traveling back and forth to the hospital, my mother introduced me to and amazing place. Zuppa's. oh wow! The phrase "where have have you been all my life," comes to mind.

Last week I created my own version of of their cauliflower cheese soup. Yummy! Ill post that recipe soon. Last night I found a Recipe and tweaked it just a bit. I was absolutely delicious. Not quite perfect yet, so ill update it as I perfect it. It defiantly hits the spot. So yummy. Even my husband who despises mushrooms, loved it. Yeah baby!

Mushroom Bisque


12-18 oz or sliced or chopped mixed mushrooms*
2 T. olive oil
1 T. butter ( next time I am going to try 4 tbsp)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
5 c. Beef broth (you could use chicken too)
1/2 t. dried thyme
2 c. heavy cream (next time I am going to try 1 cup)
salt and pepper

In a large pot, saute onion and garlic in the oil and butter. Cook until soft,  (3-5 minutes). Add broth, thyme, mushrooms,  Simmer with pot half covered for 30 minutes. Pour 3/4 of the soup into a blender ( I threw it all in)  and blend until smooth. Return to the pot and stir in cream and salt and pepper to taste. 

* I used 6 oz of baby Bella's, 6 oz of sliced mushrooms (it didn't say what kind they were) and a little package of dried wild mushrooms that I found at frys and rehydrated.) my stores didn't have much variety, but just use a few different ones and it will be fabulous.

No comments: