Saturday, July 6, 2013

Fluffy and Crispy Waffles

Holy waffles batman! These are so yummy.  My friend shared this recipe with me. It's a new family favorite. We froze the extras for another day, they were so good, my kids ate them the next morning! I guess i am going to have to tripple it next time. Enjoy!



Fluffy and Crispy Waffles from Grandma's Kitchen:
• 3 1/2 C. flour,
• 2 t. baking powder,
• 1/2 t. salt,
• 4 egg yolks,
• 3 1/2 C. milk,
• 1 C. oil,
• 4 egg whites.
Mix flour, baking powder, and salt together. In another bowl mix together egg yolks, milk, and oil. Mix dry and wet ingredients together, mixture should be slightly lumpy and runny. In another bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into batter carefully. Do not over-mix. There should be large chunks of egg whites in the batter still. Pour about 3/4 c. batter into a waffle iron. I like to brush both sides of the waffle iron with some cooking oil prior to each waffle made as to avoid sticking. I also like to use fresh ground wheat flour. Suggestion: Double the recipe and freeze some for later.

No comments: