Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Ham and Potato Casserole

My mom used to make this for us all growing up.  I tweaked it a little to accommodate my families tastes.  She used to do this same recipe, but add frozen peas to it. She also left out the cheese.  This is a great way to use some of those Easter leftovers.

I apologize for the picture. My camera phone does not do this dish justice!

Ham and Potato Casserole

8 Medium potatoes cubed (4-5 large)
2-3 cups cubed ham
1 large can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
2 cups frozen peas (optional)
salt and pepper to taste

Boil the potatoes until they are firm but cooked through. In a separate bowl, combine all ingredients. Including cooked potatoes.  Stir until combined. Pour into a 9x13 Baking dish. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

1 comment:

Brenda Sanders (Hayley's Mom) said...

I am eating this as I type. It is the best! The peas really add to it. That is my kids favorite part.