Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Spring Celebration Brownies

It's Easter time!  I've got some amazing recipes for you this week and next.  This week we will cover some good Easter dinner type recipes. Next weeks will include some fabulous ideas for leftovers! So don't be afraid of having extra ham, potatoes, eggs etc.  I've got you covered. 

Today's post comes from Good ol Betty Crocker.  I changed it up just a bit. It's super easy and turns out so festive, I love the way they look!!! If you are a brownie lover, this is a fabulous recipe.  I'm not a huge brownie lover and still liked these. You may also like to try my Mohaffes Mooshey Brownies.  They are Divine as well.


Spring Celebration Brownies

1 box (1 lb 2.4 oz) brownie mix (I used the fudge brownie mix)
Water, vegetable oil and egg called for on brownie mix box
3 cups miniature marshmallows
1 cup pastel-colored candy-coated chocolate candies
1/4 cup (heaping) semisweet or milk chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon shortening (I used butter)

Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 9x13-inch pan with cooking spray or shortening. Make brownies as directed on box-except bake 5-6 minutes less. Sprinkle with marshmallows; bake 5 minutes longer or until marshmallows are puffed and golden. (they will puff a lot and then come back down after a little bit outside the oven.) Sprinkle with candies.

In small microwavable bowl, microwave chips and shortening uncovered on High 10 to 15 seconds; stir until smooth. Drizzle over bars. Cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours. For easier cutting, use plastic knife dipped in hot water.

Special thanks to my dear friend Stephanie for taking the picture!

No comments: