Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Bacon Wrapped Lit'l Smokies

Whoever said bacon makes everything better, was a geneous! The first time I tried these, I was at a friends reception.  I was hooked.  Then when I heard how simple they were to make I got really excited.  They taste like something you would have to bay big money for at a restaurant, cause slaving away all day over a hot stove is out of the question.  Its just three simple ingredients.

Bacon Wrapped Lit'l Smokies

1 lb bacon (cut strips into fourths)
1 package Lit'l Smokies (I like the beef)
1/2 cup brown sugar

Wrap a piece of bacon around the sausage link.  Secure with a tooth pick (the bacon will shrink, so the toothpicks help it to shrink around it instead of come loose) Place on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with brown sugar.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until bacon is to desired doneness. (I like mine crispy) I like to rotate my half way through so that both sides soak up the delicious juices!

These can be done in a crock pot at well. 

1 comment:

The Greer Family said...

These are very yummy! Thanks Jennie!