Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Crispies

We are going to take a little trip to Mexico in this post!  When I was a kid, we would go with a bunch of  friends down to Rocky Point and stay for a few days.  I have some seriously fun memories there.  I remember saving all of my money so that I could go down there and shop! I loved sitting on the beach and watching all of the people walk by with their jewelry, sun glasses etc.  I have to admit, my all time favorite thing to buy was these Crispies. I know... only I would turn down jewelry, for food!  But they are so good!

Are you ready for this?  Its super hard...

Crispies

Small Flour Tortillas
Oil for frying
Sugar
Cinnamon (optional)

Heat oil in a pan on medium high heat. Fry each tortilla until crisp.  Drain on a paper towel and coat with sugar and cinnamon (optional).  I love these when they are just a little under done, so they are a little chewy. I also  pour about a 1/2 cup of sugar in a Ziploc bag, the put the crisped tortillas in there. Seal and shake to coat.

No comments: