Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Creamy Potato Salad

Potato salad is one of those comfort foods that always hits the spot for me. My favorite thing is to ditch the spoon and use Doritos or potato chips as the scoop instead.  I this recipe from Real Mom Kitchen and then I modified it a little. 

The thing I like the most about this recipe, is that my husband likes it.  He usually doesn't eat potato salad because he doesn't like the onions in it. So I make it with onion powder instead and it works great.


Creamy Potato Salad

1 cup mayo
4  hard boiled eggs chopped
1/2 cup diced dill pickles
1 tsp. yellow mustard
1 tsp salt
a pinch of pepper
1 Tbsp sugar
4 large potatoes (boiled until very tender)

Allow the potatoes to cool.  Mix all other ingredients and stir into cooled potatoes. Refrigerate until time to serve.

TIP:
Be sure to cover the potatoes while allowing them to cool. They will begin to turn brown after being exposed to air.  

No comments: