Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Meatball Sub

Another dish that my husband really likes is the Meatball Sub from Subway.  So I decided to copy cat a recipe and the mission was a success!  You know that feeling you get deep down when your kids gobble up the dinner you just made?  Especially with something they have never tried before?  I got that feeling with this dish.  My kids devoured it. 

You can use any type of hogie roll, french bread or even hot dog buns.  I got my meatballs from Costco. The Italian style but you could really get them anywhere or even make them.  I also like to cook the meatballs in the crock pot for at least 4 hours. This allows the sauce to marinate into the meatballs and really flavor them. You can however, just microwave them or heat them on the stove if you are having one of those last minute meal type of days.



Meatball Sub

6 Sub rolls
24 meatballs
1 jar of Spaghetti sauce (I use the original flavor)
6-12 slices of provolone cheese (depending on how cheesy you want it
1 can of olives chopped
10 peperoncini chopped
Parmesan cheese

In a small crock pot, cook meatballs and spaghetti sauce on low for 4-6 hours. Toast bread over a skillet then add sliced provolone cheese. Top with 4-5 meatballs and desired amount of sauce. Then add olives and sliced peperoncini. Top with Parmesan cheese. (you can also add sliced tomatoes as well.)


No comments: