Monday, August 1, 2011

Very Berry Blackberry Dump Cake

Here is a super yummy dessert for you.  My sister in law told me about it and we decided it was a must try.  It was so easy to make!  This could be a good thing or a bad thing!  The recipe comes from Mommy's Kitchen.

I think the only thing I would change next time is to try half the berries, but keep the same amount of topping and put it in a 9x9. That way I have a higher crust to berry ratio. Not sure if I will like it better, but I'd certainly like to try. The crust was delish! Well it all was. 

 We didn't have it with ice cream cause I didn't have any, but I think Ice cream is exactly what it needed. It needed just a tad amount of creamy/sweetness on top.  Next time, I am not going to forget the ice cream!  Whip cream would work too.  Don't get me wrong, it was still absolutely fabulous, just needed a tad more.


                                                 Very Berry Black Berry Dump Cake

4 - cups fresh blackberries, drained
1 - 3 oz box raspberry or blackberry jell-o
1/3 - cup sugar or splenda
1 - 18 oz box yellow cake mix
1 1/2 - cups water
1 - 2 - sticks butter, melted (I used 2)
1/2 - cup pecans pieces, optional ( I didn't use)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread berries into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Mix jell-O powder and sugar together and sprinkle over the berries. Sprinkle the cake mix over the jell-o and berries. If using nuts add them now. Pour the melted butter over the cake mix and then slowly add the water.

Bake @ 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the cake is done when a toothpick inserted into the cake portion comes out clean. Let cool before serving. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.

No comments: