Monday, April 2, 2012

Freezer Meals day 6- Cranberry Chicken

We ate this dish at our ward Christmas party, and have enjoyed it many times since.  All I can say about this one, is Whoa baby it's good! I got the recipe from a friend of mine.  Defiantly a keeper...

Cranberry Chicken

4  chicken breasts sliced in half
1 package dry onion soup mix
1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
1 cup French dressing

Lay chicken side by side in a foil 9x13 pan.  Mix together remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour over chicken.  Cover with foil. Keep in the fridge for about 8 hours or overnight.  (I have made this without marinating it.  It's not as fabulous but still good)  Bake at 350 (covered loosely with foil) for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Or until cooked through.

To freeze-  Before cooking, cover with foil, label and date. Put in freezer

To Thaw- I haven't tested the thaw time in the oven but I would guess about 45 minutes longer.  So a total of 2 hours in the oven. Or you can just thaw on the counter and cook for the designated time.  I don't like to mess around with raw chicken so I over cook mine just to make sure. 

Serve with rice.

No comments: