Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Black Angus' Baked Potato Soup

This has got to be the best potato soup that I have ever tasted!  I got the recipe from a friend of mine. I'm not sure if it's a copy cat or their actual recipe, but either way it's delightful! I know it's getting a little warm for soups right now, but I love my soups even in the dead of summer, so I wanted to post it. 

Black Angus' Baked Potato Soup


4 Lg. Baked potatoes
2/3 C. Butter
2/3 C. Flour
6 C. Milk
4 green onions (diced)
12 slices bacon, cooked crisply and chopped
¼ tsp. pepper
½ tsp. salt
1 ½ C cheddar cheese, shredded
8 oz sour cream

Bake Potatoes. Remove skins and discard. Put rest of potato in mixing bowl . Set aside. In a large pot, melt butter; then add flour. Whisk to paste. Cook for one minute. Add Milk. Stir constantly until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat. Add potatoes, salt, pepper, bacon and green onion. Stir until combined. Add cheese and stir until melted. Add sour cream. Serve in soup bowls or bread bowls. Top with extra cheese, onion, bacon, and/or sour cream.

Tip: if you need to, smash the potatoes up witha a wisk or a potato masher either in the bowl or in the pot.

No comments: