Monday, May 30, 2011

Carrot Chowder

Carrot Stew, Carrot Stew It's our favorite thing to do...   I used to sing that song in elementary school, and every time I make it to this day.  My mom made this soup for us all growing up.  Its so yummy!  if you want to can this, combine all ingredients raw, and using half the water into a large bowl. Then pour into quart jars and process in a water bath for 90 min! Instant meal in the future! Also, I like to make a double batch and freeze half of it.

The picture didn't turn out too well. I'll take another one when I make it again.  I should be getting my new camera this week. Yippee!!!  Lets hope that it takes some beauties for ya'll.

Carrot Chowder


1 lb. Hamburger
½ C. diced celery
½ C. diced green pepper
1 med onion, diced
1 C. Water
½ tsp. salt
4 C. tomato juice
2 small cans cream of celery soup
1 ½ c. water
2 ½ c. shredded carrots
1/8 tsp marjoram
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp pepper
¼ tsp. salt
1 tsp sugar

In a large stock pot, combine first 6 ingredients. Saute' until tender. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer for ½ hour.

No comments: