Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sweet Grilled Peaches

Our Peach tree has been producing hundreds of peaches this week!  We decided to do some grilling for dinner because it was such a beautiful day. I found this recipe for Sweet Grilled Peaches. They used frozen peaches, but I used fresh. My peaches are cling stone peaches, which means they don't pull away from the pit very easy.  So I threw the whole peach on the grill, but you can cut them in half and pit them if you want.  I was amazed that after it was grilled, it practically fell off the pit. 

These were so yummy.  I should have doubled the recipe! I felt like I was eating a fresh peach pie. They were so easy to do also. I'm sure that if you don't have a grill, you could bake them in the oven for a few minutes.

Sweet Grilled Peaches

Honey ( about 1/2 cup)
ground cinnamon (about 2 tbsp)
10 peaches (cut in half or left whole)
Aluminum foil

Peel peaches. Cut in half and pull out the pit if desired.  Lay peaches on a large sheet of foil.  Drizzle peaches with honey and sprinkle with cinnamon. Fold up foil, sealing all holes, so juices don't drip out. Place on grill at medium heat. Grill for 10 minutes.  Remove from grill and open package carefully. 

This is a picture of it right before I sealed it up

Here is how I sealed it. Just fold the edges in and fold over the top a couple times.

No comments: