Friday, March 18, 2011

Easy Stroganoff

I found a few recipes for Stroganoff that I liked out of our ward cookbook, then created my own recipe from them. This meal takes about 15-30 minutes to prepare. It is so simple! I know it probably sounds weird to have chicken and beef in the same meal, but surprisingly its super good! If you just can't handle the thought, you can substitute a can of cream of mushroom instead of chicken. My husband just hates mushrooms so I use cream of chicken. There are very few things he wont eat and mushrooms is one of them.  Also peppers and onions.  That is why I use the dehydrated ones instead. For some reason, he has convinced himself they are not real onions that way. Ha ha ha.

Easy Stroganoff

1 lb  ground beef (browned)
8 oz sour cream
1 large can Cream of Chicken (or Mushroom)
1 tablespoon dry onion soup mix
Worcestershire sauce to taste ( I really like the flavor so I add about 4 tbsp. Just taste as you go)
1 lb  egg noodles

Cook noodles according to package instructions.

Brown beef in a skillet and add Cream of Chicken soup, onion soup mix and Worcestershire sauce. Cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes. Stirring frequently. Turn down heat and add sour cream. Heat through, pour over egg noodles.

Variation: You can add sliced onion and sliced mushrooms if you want. You can saute them up as you cook the brown beef and then add other ingredients according to instructions.

Variation: You can also serve this over rice instead of egg noodles.

No comments: