Saturday, March 5, 2011

Hawaiian Haystacks

I used to think that everyone knew what Hawaiian Haystacks were but I have since learned otherwise. If you have never tried them, you are missing out.  Each family has their own tastes as to what should go on it. My family liked a lot of veggies and a little bit of fruit on them. My husbands family loves it with all fruit. Either way it's super yummy. We also liked to use the Chinese noodles the base of our haystacks and then rice etc. Other people only sprinkle them on as a topping.  It's totally up to your tastes. This one is a great one to use up all of those extra fruits and veggies in the fridge.

Hawaiian Haystacks


1 Packet of chicken gravy
1 cup chicken broth
1 lg can Cream of Chicken soup
1/2 C. Milk
a dash of onion powder
salt if needed
2 chicken breasts cooked and shredded

In a large skillet or stock pot, mix gravy packet and chicken broth. Stir on medium heat until thickened.  Add soup and heat through stirring constantly.  Turn heat down to low and add remaining ingredients. Heat through and keep warm until ready to serve.

Serve with rice, Chinese noodles, pineapple chunks, mandarin oranges, tomatoes, raisins, bell pepper (any color), green onions, apples, bananas, cheese, cashews and coconut. Top with gravy.

1 comment:

Fonua Family said...

So glad you posted this! My hubby has been raving about this since he tasted it at the Scout dinner. I didn't know who was the creator of this recipe. Now I do :) I am excited to make it.