Friday, March 11, 2011

Stuffed Shells

Today is my 7th anniversary!  For our special dinner I made stuffed shells.  This dish, a friend of mine made for me after I had my 3rd baby.  We actually ate it for her 1st birthday dinner. It has since become a  meal saved for special nights like tonight. This is another super easy one. The exciting thing for me is that I was able to use fresh parsley from my garden. It tastes so much better with fresh although you can used dried if you need.  I hope you enjoy it!

Stuffed Shells
1 box of jumbo shells
1 pint (small curd) cottage cheese, drained
1-8oz cream cheese
1/4 c. butter softened
1/2 c. chopped fresh parsley
1 egg
1 green onion, chopped (optional)
1/8 t. salt
pepper to taste
1 jar marinara sauce
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top

Boil shells until they are just done but still firm.  Spread half of the marinara sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. In a medium sized bowl, combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, butter, parsley, egg, green onion, salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into the shells and lay side by side in the pan. Top with the rest of the sauce and cook at 350 degrees for 30 min. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.

Tip: To use dried herbs, you would use about a third of what the recipe calls for. So you can use about 2 1/2-3 tbsp.  

No comments: