Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Crock Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes

Here's a yummy one for ya!  I found this recipe online from Pillsbury.  I changed it up just a bit.  I'm impressed!  Next time I think I would add about 1-2 cloves of minced garlic at the beginning, with the butter etc.  Then it could really cook in and make it that much better. Add some bacon crumbles on top to make it even better!

Crock Pot Garlic Mashed Potatoes

4 large baking potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 1/2cups chicken broth
1/4cup butter or margarine, cut into chunks
1cup sour cream or plain yogurt
1teaspoon garlic powder (I used 2 tsp)
1/2teaspoon salt ( I used a little more)
1/4teaspoon ground black pepper
½ to 1 cup milk, warmed (I didn't need any this round)

DIRECTIONS1 In 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, place potatoes, chicken broth and butter. 2 Cover; cook on High heat setting 4 hours to 4 hours 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. 3 Add remaining ingredients except milk. Mash, crush or smash potatoes using potato masher, or beat with electric mixer on low speed until well blended. Do not over mix. Stir in enough milk for desired creamy consistency. Cover and keep warm on Low or Warm heat setting until serving time, up to 2 hours. Stir before serving.

Tip :Russet or Idaho baking potatoes are both good picks for these easy mashed potatoes. If you prefer, these potatoes can be cooked on a low heat setting for 8 hours.

1 comment:

The Crandell Crew said...

I will give these a try! My hubby is a big fan of home mashed potatoes. Thanks for sharing your talents with us amateur chefs!