Monday, July 4, 2011

Triple Berry Sundae

Happy 4th of July everyone!  For our final red, white and blue post, I've got a yummy treat for ya.  A Triple Berry Sundae.  Oh boy oh boy, these are good.  Tonight, I used Strawberries, raspberries and blueberries.  I really like it with the triple berry blend that you can get in the frozen section at Costco.  That one is raspberries, blackberries and blueberries.  Either way, Delicious!  You can puree them, leave them whole, or smash them with a potato masher. And you can heat them up or leave them cold.  Decisions, decisions! Which to chose.  Ok I'll make it easy on you.  Try every way.  You won't regret it I promise.

My favorite ice cream to serve it over, is the vanilla bean, but any vanilla will work.

Triple Berry Sundae

4 cups mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
1/2 cup sugar
Vanilla icecream

Add berries and sugar into a bowl.  Allow it to sit until the sugar brings out the juices. (Fresh will take longer than frozen.)  Smash berries.  Serve over ice cream.

No comments: