Saturday, January 21, 2012

Strawberry Pretzel Dessert

I found this recipe on a friends blog and couldn't wait to try it! I'm so glad I did.  Its super yummy.  I want to try it with a few different flavors.  I think it would make a super yummy crust for Cheese Cake too.  




Strawberry Pretzel Dessert

Crust:

2 2/3 cups pretzel sticks, finely chopped (1 bag)
3 Tbsp. sugar
3/4 cup butter, melted

Cream sugar and butter together. Add pretzels. Mix well and Press into a 9X13 dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Let cool.

Middle Layer:

1 (8 oz.) container cool whip
1 cup sugar
1 (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened

Mix together and carefully spread on cooled crust. (don't lift spatula, or it will pull up the pretzel crust)

Top Layer:

1 (6 oz.) package strawberry jello
2 cups boiling water
1 pint frozen (or fresh) strawberries, thawed and chopped

Dissolve jello in water. Chill until partially set. Add strawberries. Pour on top and chill until firm


No comments: