Tuesday, June 28, 2011

American Flag Jello Cake

The day we celebrate our Nations independance is almost here!  I have such a special place in my heart for this holiday.  For our country period.  I'm very blessed to have had an eduacation that taught me the foundation of our contry and instilled in me a deep sense of patriotism.  I am very greatful for those that fight for our freedoms. I have friends and relatives who sacrifice and have sacrificed so much for our freedom and safety.  They each hold a special place in my heart.

For todays recipe, I decided to share a fun treat with you that will be a huge hit at your 4th of July party.  Its fun, festive and super easy to make!

American Flag Jello Cake

1 box white cake mix
ingredients called for on the package
3 oz package of red jello. (I used strawberry)
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup ice cold water
8 oz cool whip
2 6 oz cartons of rasberries,
small carton of blueberries

Bake cake according to instructions on packaging. Let cool for 15 minutes.   Boil water and stir in jello mix.  Remove from heat and stir until disolved.  Stir in ice cold water.  Poke multiple holes into top of cake with a fork.    Pour a small amout of the liquid jello into holes by holding a fork in each hole pressing away from you gently, to open the holes up. Continue to allow cake to cool completely.  When cooled, top with whip cream.  Decorate by creating a flag out of blueberries and rasberries. 

No comments: