Monday, June 27, 2011

Easy French Dip (Ah Jus Sauce)

I've been on the lookout for a while for a simple Ah Jus Sauce to make out own french dip sandwiches with.  You can always buy the flavor packets and pour those in, but I like to make my own things from scratch as much as possible. That way, I can make it whenever I want with the ingredients I have on hand. This one is a simple and quick version for those crazy nights where you want to just throw something together or those days that you want to just throw it in the crock pot and forget about it. . 

I put it in the crock pot on low most of the day, just to let the juices simmer and soak into the meat etc.  But you could really just throw it on the stove and warm it up for a few minutes. 

Easy French Dip (Ah Jus Sauce)

1 box beef broth
1 lb roast beef sliced/shaved thin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
Hoagie/Sub Rolls

Put first 4 ingredients into a crock pot on low for 4-8 hours. With a fork, place roast beef onto a sub roll.  Put reserved juice into individual bowls.  Dip sandwich into the juice. Enjoy

No comments: