Monday, June 6, 2011

Italian Herb Garlic Bread

Garlic bread is a huge hit in our house.  I love making my own flavors to go on top.  One of our favorites is this, Italian Herb Garlic Bread.  It gives your usual garlic bread a little twist.  Don't be intimidated by the name... It's super easy to make. You can always use fresh ingredients, but after making the main dish, I usually just want my sides, to be quick and easy.

All you need is a loaf of your favorite bread.  French bread works well and I think sour dough is our favorite.  You can also just use plain ol white bread or even hamburger/ hotdog buns that are leftover.  I haven't tried it with wheat yet, so if you do, let me know how it turns out. 

Italian Herb Garlic Bread

1 cube butter
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp Italian seasoning

1 loaf of french bread or other bread

Melt butter and mix in other ingredients.  Brush over each slice of bread. (both sides) Grill on a griddle or frying pan until golden brown. You can also bake them on a cookie sheet at 375 until golden brown. Serve immediately.

No comments: