Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cheesy Potatoes

This one is another recipe from my mother-in-law.  It is a definite favorite in my family. I don't know what it is about this dish, but it is one of those comfort foods that just hits the spot. It's another quick and easy one to make too. You can easily customize this dish to your tastes.  We like ours really cheesy, so we add tons of cheese. You can also add a variety of shredded cheeses. I like cheddar the best, but you can use  whatever you have on hand. We also like it crispy on the sides and top, so we leave it in the oven longer.  Mmmm my mouth is watering just thinking about it!


Cheesy Potatoes

1 Bag frozen hash browns
1 cube melted butter
2 to 4 tablespoons dehydrated onions
2-3 Cups shredded cheese ( I usually use cheddar)
2 small cans cream of chicken soup (I use one large can)
1 pint sour cream
1-2 more cups shredded cheese

In a large bowl, combine hash browns and melted butter.  Add cheese and onions.  Then stir in soup and sour cream. Mix well. Pour into a 9x13 pan and top with more cheese.  Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes.

No comments: