Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Ultimate Valentine- Sugar Cookies

My 5 year old daughter gets to go on a special date tomorrow night with her daddy. Her school is doing a daddy daughter dance for valentines day. How cute is that? We were in charge of the cookies for her class party so I thought... why not make a big sugar cookie valentine for her valentine... her daddy!  I think that the daddy daughter relationship is absolutely priceless!  So that's why I named this post, the ultimate valentine.

I found that if you roll them out a little thicker, they tend to keep their shape better.  This time I used the Betty Crocker cookie icing. It dries really quick. I usually just use cake frosting, but I think I really like this kind.
Sugar Cookies
1 C. Butter
1 C. Sugar
2 eggs
1 tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
3 C. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs. Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well. Roll out dough on a floured surface and cut into shapes. Bake 7-10 minutes. Use Frosting to decorate.

1 comment:

Brianne said...

Oh those look good! I'l be making these!