Thursday, February 3, 2011

Sweet Corn Side Dish

My mother-in-law makes the best corn in the world. Every time we would go to their house for dinner and corn was on the menu, I would load my plate. Something about it was just so yummy. Her corn was always so sweet. Finally I asked her how she makes it. She told me her secret ingredient. Are you ready for this?  Sugar! That's it, just sugar.  So simple yet I never thought to add sugar to my corn.  Also, it works best with frozen corn. For some reason, it just tastes so much better than out of the can.  Of course when corn is in season, fresh is even better!


Sweet Corn Side Dish

4 cups of frozen corn
4-5 tablespoons of sugar
4-5 tablespoons butter
1/2 tsp salt

Put all ingredients in a small pot on the stove. Cook on low until heated through. (about 15 minutes) Stir Occasionally.

No comments: