Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Pecan Turtles

Today's treat is simple and fun to make.  It's a great one for the kids to help out with and take to their school teachers as a valentine.  My mom made these for me at Christmas time and I loved em! I think I have eaten 5 just since I've started writing this post!


Pecan Turtles
1 bag of Rolos
an equal number of pretzels
an equal number of pecan halves

Unwrap rolos. Place a rolo directly over the center of the pretzel. Put in a preheated 250 degree oven for about 5 minutes.  You want them to get soft but not loose their shape. Remove from oven and immediately place a pecan on top of the rolo and press down. Allow to cool. You can put these in the fridge for a few minutes to let the chocolate harden faster.

A quick tip:  You can also make these using the microwave.  You can place them in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds to soften the rolo.

1 comment:

Trina said...

My mother-in-law made these for our open house and I love them! The kids had fun helping make them for Christmas this year! My only problem with them is that they're so small I don't keep track of how many I eat and I eat too many!