Friday, February 11, 2011

Cocoa Roasted Almonds

Its day 4 of Valentine's Week! This one is a great chocolaty treat to sit and snack on while you watch a movie and snuggle with your sweetheart.

I had a friend ask me to make her some Cocoa Roasted Almonds one day. I had never made them. I browsed around and didn't find a recipe that I liked, so I decided to just add to the
Cinnamon Roasted Almonds recipe that I have.  Next time I would add a little more salt to bring out the Cocoa flavor more.  These are really yummy!
Cocoa Roasted Almonds

1 egg white
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups whole almonds
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt ( I would use about 1/2 tsp)
2 Tbsp Cocoa powder
1/4 cup melted butter cooled
Preheat oven to 250 degrees.  Lightly beat the egg white and add vanilla.  Beat until slightly frothy. Add the nuts, and stir until well coated. Add the butter, stir to coat.  Mix the sugars, salt and cinnamon and sprinkle over the nuts.  Stir to coat, and spread evenly onto a 10x15 inch cookie sheet.
Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Stir every 20 minutes. Allow to cool and store in an airtight container.

No comments: