Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Grilled Shrimp

Shrimp is a hot item in this house!  I have a 4 year old daughter who will eat shrimp and crab like its going out of style. I'm not even kidding. Its hilarious to watch her and my husband race to see who can get the last piece. Seafood is one of those things that I have tried to enjoy and really just can't get past the gag reflex to make the operation a success.  For some reason though... I do really well at cooking it, even without tasting it.   This recipe is super easy.  We don't splurge too often to buy seafood because its so expensive. But when we do, we like to buy the big bag at Costco and stretch it a couple meals. Tomorrow I'll share another shrimp recipe that is an even bigger hit for my family.

Grilled shrimp


1/4- 1/2 cup Olive oil
1 clove garlic
1 lb uncooked shrimp shelled and deveigned
salt
pepper

Lay shrimp in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Mix garlic and oil together. (you can use canola or vegetable oil also or even melted butter if you want) Drizzle over the shrimp and top with salt and pepper. Let it sit for about 10 minutes in the oil and then lay shrimp on the grill. Cook on low for 3-5 minutes each.side. 

Tip:
You can also add a splash of lemon juice to the oil mixture for a yummy flavor. (at least that's what they tell me :) )

No comments: