Thursday, February 17, 2011

Shrimp Scampi

One of my husbands favorite seafood dishes is Shrimp Scampi.  One day I decided to learn how to make it for him.  I tried to make a copy cat recipe from one of his favorite restaurants.  I found a similar one online somewhere (I can't remember where) and changed it up a bit to make it even better!

Shrimp Scampi

1-2 lbs uncooked shrimp, shelled and deveined (I like to leave the tails on)
1/2 C. butter
1 tsp. salt
5 cloves garlic, crushed
¼ C. chopped fresh parsley ( I usually use about 2 tbsp dried parsley)
1 tsp. lemon zest
2-3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
Lemon wedges

Preheat oven to 400. Melt butter in a 13X9 inch baking pan in oven.  To the melted butter, add salt, crushed garlic, and 1 Tbsp. of chopped parsley.

Stir well, arrange shrimp in baking pan in a single later. Bake, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Turn shrimp, sprinkle with lemon zest, lemon juice, and the rest of the parsley. Bake shrimp for 8-10 minutes or until just done. Arrange shrimp scampi on hot serving platter; pour garlic butter from pan over the shrimp and garnish with several lemon wedges. Serves 4-6


No comments: