Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tangy Spinach Salad

A friend of mine made this for me when I got home from the hospital with my 4th baby.  I was never a huge spinach fan until lately and now I am finding some yummy things to do with spinach.  This one is a whole different flavor than your usual spinach salad flavors. Every one that I have served it too has really loved it.  My kids especially love it.  I would have probably never made it just looking at the recipe.  The combo just seams weird to me for a salad dressing. But give it a try, seriously, you wont be disappointed. The original recipe doesn't call for craisins, but I added them to it and it really adds to the salad.  also the dressing is a little thick, like a glaze.  You can add a tablespoon or so of water to thin it out a little.  Don't add too much though, because it will dilute the yummy flavor. The dressing recipe, goes a long way. We use it for two meals.
Tangy Spinach Salad

A bag of Spinach (I like to use baby)
3 hard boiled eggs
1 cup of dried cranberries (like craisins)
6-8 pieces of bacon crumbled

Dressing
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce

Add all ingredients in the blender and blend well. (I use one of those hand blenders used for personal size smoothies and such)


No comments: