Monday, February 14, 2011

Husband Catcher Cookies


Happy Valentines Day Everyone!!! Back in my single days, we used to call valentines day "Singles Awareness Day."  Isn't it so true?  It's the day that tells the world whether you are taken or single. Gotta love it. I was one of those that never had a valentine on Valentines Day.  True story. My very first Valentine was my husband.  I wouldn't have it any other way either! In an effort to keep from getting sappy... I'll get on with the post. :)

I went to visit a friend of mine in Utah one day. She and her mom were making these cookies. I asked her what they were called and she told me, "Husband Catchers." Ha ha, I love it! They are so good, they'll take away the "single" stamp you've got on your forehead.

These have got to be my favorite cookie ever!  The caramel in these really makes the cookie fabulous. They are delish! I'm not sure where she got this recipe but I'm glad she shared it with me! If you are single...give it a try. Maybe it'll work.

Husband Catcher Cookies


2 1/2 c. all purpose flour
3/4 c. unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1 c. sugar
1 c. firmly packed brown sugar
1 c. softened butter
2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 c. chopped pecans (optional)
48 Rolo (caramels in milk chocolate), unwrapped 9 oz. pkg.
4 tbsp. sugar

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup and level off. In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, and baking soda; blend well.

In a large bowl, beat 1 cup sugar, brown sugar and butter until light. Add vanilla and eggs; beat well. Add flour mixture, blend well. Stir in 1/2 cup of the pecans.

For each cookie with floured hands, shape about 1 tablespoonful of dough around 1 Rolo, covering completely.

In a small bowl put in 4 tablespoons sugar. Roll cookies in sugar and place 2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake at 375 degrees for 7 to 10 minutes or until set and slightly cracked. Cool 2 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet to cool on wire rack.

No comments: